[Tux4kids-tuxtype-dev] [Tux4kids-tuxtype-scm] bug in tuxtype

David Bruce dbruce at tampabay.rr.com
Fri Nov 23 11:02:07 UTC 2007

Hi Andrei,

On Thursday 22 November 2007 06:17:03 pm you wrote:
> Hi David!
>
> There is a valid keyboard.lst file in attachment.

Great - I'll add it.

> Now Russian theme works almost fine, fishes falling, but when I typing
> Russian letters on keyboard, nothing happening in TuxType, only beep as if
> typing wrong button.

So TuxType is not recognising the keyboard input.  Could you try running it
with debug output enabled (tuxtype -d) and send the output to me? (that is,
start the game from a terminal with "tuxtype -d", go into the game, try to
type a few Russian letters, exit, and then copy all of the output into a text
file).

This raises a good point - I have not directly tested any non-US character
input in TuxType.  I assume the Indic folks last summer were successful with
this.  I may not have a very easy time sorting any problems out on my
US-based machine (and not knowing languages other than English).

Cheers,

--
David Bruce