[Tux4kids-tuxtype-dev] TuxType 1.5.16 - two new themes, possible bug fix

David Bruce dbruce at tampabay.rr.com
Thu Nov 29 15:36:33 UTC 2007

On Thursday 29 November 2007 10:22:20 am you wrote:
> Hi, David!
>
> Now all works fine. Thank you very much. I'll complete a Russian theme and
> create a Ukrainian theme in the very near future.
>
> I have a question about "Lessons". It's a useful part of program, but there
> is some incompleteness in this part. Why can I see here cascade.xml,
> laser.xml - they are config files olny? Can I make localised versions of
> lessons? How many lessons can I make? Can tuxtype  count speed, synchronism
> and mistakes during typing lesson?

The "Lessons" activity is definitely incomplete, and needs more "content".
The 'cascade.xml' and 'laser.xml' files are very brief demos of the two main
game activities.

Regarding theme-specific lessons, I believe you can do that.  There was a lot
of work done last summer to add the Malayalam theme, which needed Unicode
support, and I think the Indic guys added code to support lessons within each
theme.  Look in the Malayalam theme - I think you could do something similar
for Russian (or Ukrainian!)

Regards,

--
David Bruce