[Tux4kids-tuxtype-dev] Tuxtype:Changes in the practice game

sreyas k k.sreyas at gmail.com
Sun Jun 22 06:18:17 UTC 2008

Hi all,

I have made some changes in the practice game in tuxtype. Now, it also shows
the keypresses for each character. It has been developed only for languages
with english character set at present. I will make necessary changes to
accomodate other languages too. But the other languages doesnt seem to work.
Especially Indic languages.

I think that the Tuxtype-indic branch should be revoked, so that we could
refer those changes time and again.

With the new features added now, the structure of the keyboard.lst must be
changed to

Finger|character|corresponding english character with the correct case

rather than,

Finger|character.

I have made this backward compatible, so that if the changes are not made in
the keyboard.lst file, it works too.

To incorporate this, I  hope to add  the first lesson of the practice game
to be from the keyboard.lst file, from which the structure of the keyboard
could be automatically found out, rather than the user needing to explicitly
changing the keyboard.lst file.

I am hoping to remove the hands from the game and replace it with moving
hands along the keyboard. For this I need someone to please draw good images
of human hands, because I am really bad at drawing ;).

I hope to get feedback from the other developers too.

Regards,
Sreyas