[Tux4kids-tuxtype-dev] GSoC Project

sreyas k k.sreyas at gmail.com
Mon Sep 1 14:44:43 UTC 2008

Hi everyone,

I had finished my GSoC work earlier and now that the program has ended, I
wanted to thank all the developers and the users of our software. This year
has been a great year for the community and hope that the years to come
would be even better. The GSoC project has helped to attract more developers
to the community and I hope that this will continue next year too.

As far my GSoC project goes, I think that I have completed the proposal I
gave. The work included
1.generation keyboard layout for all languages
2.improvement in finger and keypress details during the game.
3.Addition of pango for rendering in the practice and lessons so that
languages like Indic languages are displayed correctly.

I also am hoping to work with autodetection of typable characters once they
are introduced in SDL.

I would like to thank all those who helped with their timely response and
suggestions. I would like to thank my GSoC mentor, Prince K Antony, David ,
Bill, Holger and all those who helped me. I would also like to thank my
teacher Pramode C E and the Computer Science and Engineering Dept of Govt.
Engineering College, Thrissur, for their support. Also I would like to thank
Swathanthra Malayalam Computing, for their help for they are the ones who
introduced me to this community and GSoC. And ofcourse, thanks to Google :)
.

Cheers,
Sreyas