[Tux4kids-tuxtype-dev] [Tuxmath-devel] Tux4Kids becoming part of SPI (Software in the Public Interest) - any objections!?

David Bruce davidstuartbruce at gmail.com
Wed Sep 3 14:57:00 UTC 2008

Hi,

On 9/3/08, Holger Levsen <holger at layer-acht.org> wrote:

> Hi Bill,
>
> On Wednesday 03 September 2008 08:04, Bill Kendrick wrote:
> > So, considering this, does anyone have objections to:
> >
> > (1) The "Tux Paint," "Tux, of Math Command," and "Tux Typing II"
> projects,
> >     under the umbrella organization name of "Tux4Kids", becoming a member
> >     project of Software in the Public Interest (SPI).
> >
> > (2) Me (Bill Kendrick, lead dev. of Tux Paint, and intial dev. of
> TuxMath)
> >     being one of (or the sole) 'authoritative decisionmaker' for
> Tux4Kids'
> >     SPI membership?
> >
> >     (Do heads of other projects -- e.g., David Bruce & Tim Holy --
> >     also wish to be decisionmakers?  Anyone else?)
> >
> >     (A major aspect of this, BTW is that this person(s) "is authorized
> >     to act for your project (most commonly to approve disbursements but
> >     not restricted to this purpose).")

It doesn't matter much to me - I'm happy letting Bill be the decision maker,
but I also would be happy to be a decision maker for the projects I'm
involved with if it would help.

Certainly Tim and Holger would also be appropriate.

I'm very fine with this, thanks for your work on this!

> Two minor remarks:
>
> a.) IMO it should be the "Tux Typing" (or Tuxtype?) project and not "Tux
> Typing II".

Yes - just "Tux Typing" - I've been meaning to modify the logo to get rid of
the '2'.

David