[Tux4kids-tuxtype-dev] Cross-Compile problem

David Bruce davidstuartbruce at gmail.com
Sat Aug 15 22:10:05 UTC 2009

Hi Matthew,

On 8/14/09, Matthew Trey <tux4kids at treyhome.com> wrote:
> Hello, I would like to kick the tires, so to say, on tuxtype.  After some
> wrestling with the fedora mingw32 packages, I got most of the dependencies
> compiled and ready to go.  Then I went to compile tuxtype,  the linker came
> back complaining that it needs librsvg.  OK no problem, just 1 more library
> right?  Not so easy.  Librsvg requires popt and when I try to compile popt,
> the sky falls.

The win32 crossbuilds I've done for tuxmath and tuxtype are for
versions prior to this year when we added several new dependencies,
including librsvg.  I have not yet worked on trying to add librsvg to
my cross-build setup.  If anything, thanks for the heads-up on this.
My system is x86-64 Debian - not sure if I will have the same issues
or different ones.  The plan is to try to tackle this after GSoC winds
down.

In the past I made a brief attempt to support libsdl_pango in the
crossbuild and ran into problems I could not solve, at least not
easily.

However, tuxtype does not actually use rsvg for much of anything, and
the configure script has an option to not use it.  So I think you
should be able to do:

./configure  --without-librsvg --without-sdlpango

Hope that helps, and I would be extremely interested to hear about
your experience working on this.

David Bruce