[Tux4kids-tuxtype-dev] Response from school staff regarding progress tracking

Jordan Erickson jerickson at logicalnetworking.net
Tue Dec 15 00:53:22 UTC 2009

Hi Uwe/everyone,

I have made the changes to my wiki. It's here:
http://logicalnetworking.net/wiki/doku.php?id=tuxtyping

So I'll ping the subject again - Would everyone agree that (given we're
talking about the Linux version for now) keeping separate packages for
progress tracking is a better bet than integrating the functionality
into the core package?

How does everyone feel in general about the goals that are being
presented regarding progress tracking?

Sincerely,
Jordan

uwe wrote:
> hello jordan,
>
> time would be another dimension and an important one. it gives you all
> the possibilities like which, month, week, day but also weekday, AM vs
> PM. etc.
>
> I believe AGE is more an attribute of a student. what do you mean with
> "language".
>
> and yes, the requirements should be clear so we can think of the overall
> architecture that is necessary.
>
> rdgs,
>
> uwe
>

> Am Donnerstag, den 19.11.2009, 17:05 -0800 schrieb Jordan Erickson:
>> http://logicalnetworking.net/wiki/doku.php?id=tuxtyping
>>
>> I have put together a little wiki section for what we're discussing so
>> we can kind of centralize information here - I hope nobody minds me
>> blatantly ripping off message threads and images! Right now only I can
>> edit the page, if anyone would like to add/change content (there isn't
>> much yet besides what's been discussed here in the list) please e-mail
>> me or post to this thread. I will keep up on it as best I can.
>>
>> As far as the requirements, I think we should all agree on a very solid
>> baseline of requirements for reporting functionality. That way we can
>> move forward with a goal, even if it is very simple at first, and expand
>> as we build a solid foundation.
>>
>> Right now, from our previous messages, this is what I'm coming up with
>> as far as requirements for reporting/tracking:
>>
>> * DIMENSIONS *
>>
>> - Student
>> - Class/Teacher
>> - Grade
>> - Age
>> - Language
>>

>> * FACTS *
>>
>> - Time spent:
>>    - How many lessons have they attempted to complete?
>>    - How much time did they spend in each lesson?
>>
>> - Accuracy/Speed:
>>    - # of characters/words/sentences have they typed correctly vs errors
>>    - Number of characters/words/sentences per minute typed
>>
>> - Trends/Averages/Best of:
>>    - Last lesson completed (and all data pertaining to that lesson)
>>    - Evaluate current stats vs. last day/week/month/etc.
>>    -Where is the student in the lesson plan vs. where, according to a
>> standard, should they be?
>>    - Average overall improvement/decrease
>>    - Student average vs. group overall average
>>    - Top/bottom performing students
>>

>> * OTHER *
>> - Name at top of screen for teacher to see
>> - (A *must*): Customizable goals by teacher/admin staff, per-dimension
>> (%N accuracy to pass, %N speed, etc.)
>>

>> Cheers,
>> Jordan
>>

>> uwe wrote:
>>> hello everybody,
>>>
>>> where are we with the requirements and the discussions about the
>>> progress tracking part of the tool?
>>>
>>> rgds,
>>>
>>> uwe

Jordan Erickson
Owner, Logical Networking Solutions
http://www.logicalnetworking.net
707-636-5678

* Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail *

Latest LNS Blogs - http://blog.logicalnetworking.net

	Peru to Microsoft - No thank you, and here's why
	EPA declares CO2 a health hazard, starts regulation outline
	New picture of the heart of the Milky Way - by NASA [pics]