[Tux4kids-tuxtype-dev] new website

Holger Levsen holger at layer-acht.org
Mon Jun 22 08:26:32 UTC 2009

Hi,

On Sonntag, 21. Juni 2009, Matthew McSpadden wrote:
> Thanks for that, it has been corrected.

Really? I didnt see a commit message?!

> Also are there any release notes
> for this version?

David posted a mail to the list.

> > - on the tuxmath page the source for tuxtype is linked
> Had you checked that recently?

I checked svn directly not the website. But as the website is build from
svn...

svn+ssh://holger@svn.debian.org/svn/tux4kids/tux4kids-web/htdocs is where I
checked.

> Great idea, thanks again, that has been corrected, check out the
> download pages.
> http://tux4kids.alioth.debian.org/tuxmath/download.php
> http://tux4kids.alioth.debian.org/tuxtype/download.php

Great, but again there were no commit messages. So you dont work with svn! :-(

> > - the code still lives in htdocs/newsitetest - I suggest to move it to
> >    htdocs/ :-)
> Actually the code that we are using for the site IS in the htdocs and
> has been since we went live. I thought I had deleted everything in the
> newsitetest folder, but maybe svn put it back, or maybe I thought I did
> and didn't really. Either way it is fine to delete what is in the
> newsitetest folder.

It's still in svn but... you are not using it :-)

> > Also I'm must say that I'm not really happy with the navigation yet.
> > http://tux4kids.alioth.debian.org/tuxtype/ looks like a totally different
> > website then http://tux4kids.alioth.debian.org/
>
> Very true, as I understood it, the group wanted to give tuxmath and
> tuxtype their own site to add some distinction. If we make them look
> more like each other that would be fine, but then we'll lose the themes.

Maybe have a common tux4kids "frame" around the tuxtype/math design?

> The link "About Tux4Kids" links to the tux4kids homepage, I'm not sure
> how to make it any easier.

"Tux4Kids homepage"? or "back to..."?

> > And it's hard to find that place in the first place - I suggest to
> > add the three projects in the "project" submenu on
> > http://tux4kids.alioth.debian.org/ so it's easier to find.
> Well, I don't think it is all THAT hard, lol,

you know what+where to look for.

> but again, any suggestions
> I can get are helpful.

make tuxtype, tuxmath and tuxpaint _visible_ submenus of the "project" menu on
the tux4kids website.

> Are the other admins of the same mind? While
> building the site it was hard to get any feedback, so we keep working on
> the site trying to make it better as we go.

great. i'm glad you took my feedback so constructive!!

regards,
	Holger