[Tux4kids-tuxtype-dev] [Tuxmath-devel] text to speech app.

David Bruce davidstuartbruce at gmail.com
Wed Mar 25 13:04:17 UTC 2009

Hi Holger et al,

2009/3/24 Holger Levsen <holger at layer-acht.org>:
> Hi,
>
> On Montag, 23. März 2009, akash gangil wrote:
>> what's ur take on this,
>
> how well does it work with other languages than english?

AFAICT, it is almost completely English-only, with some experimental
support for a couple of others.

We are really trying to make tux4kids as internationalized as
possible, so I have significant reservations about it, although it
would be a great addition for those learning English as a first (or
second) language.  It would also make Tux Typing useful for learning
reading, as well as typing.

My sense is that if we do something like this, it should be done as
some sort of optional add-on.  But if everyone wants it, I'm
agreeable.  Any thoughts from the non-Anglocentric folks?

David