[Tux4kids-tuxtype-dev] Tux4Kids

David Bruce davidstuartbruce at gmail.com
Thu Mar 26 13:57:15 UTC 2009

Hi Abhishek,

On Thu, Mar 26, 2009 at 3:34 AM, Abhishek Shroff
<shroffabhishek at gatech.edu> wrote:
> Hi again,
>
> I'm sorry, I left out a part in the previous email.. I have a good grasp of
> networking in Java, and would like to reconstruct Tux Math in Java,
> including LAN/Internet multiplayer mode..

A complete rewrite, basically?  Is the idea to create a webapp version
that can be run in a browser?  That would be cool, to be sure, but a
big departure from our previous approach (and from the programming
background of the current team).

I'd love to see "Tuxmath for the Web", but I'm a little puzzled about
the long-term maintenance aspects.  Would we then develop two separate
code bases in two different languages, or is the idea to dump our C
programs in favor of Java?

David Bruce