[Tux4kids-tuxtype-dev] GSOC

David Bruce davidstuartbruce at gmail.com
Tue Mar 31 18:38:51 UTC 2009

Hi Sarah,

On 3/30/09, Sarah Frisk <ssfrisk at gmail.com> wrote:
> As a follow up to my previous post, I was going through the source
> code/game for TuxType, and I was pleased to find pieces of Edgar Allan
> Poe's poem 'The Raven'

The phrase typing file was something I threw together ad-hoc when
re-doing the phrases activity last fall.  The first two sentences
include all 26 letters, and the rest (The Raven and Hamlet) were what
came to mind, both being safely in the public domain.

> I liked how stats were posted on the
> practice Phrase Words area, such as WPM, accuracy, and number of
> errors, although I still would like to work on the task of perhaps
> adding to that to keep track of which letters are causing the most
> errors.

That's a good idea.

I think it should be a fairly high priority to give users (really
teachers or parents) an easy way to create or modify phrase and word
lists.

Best,

David Bruce