[Tux4kids-tuxtype-dev] Tux Typing 1.8.0

David Bruce davidstuartbruce at gmail.com
Tue Nov 17 23:18:26 UTC 2009

Hi,

> The needed directories are "$(localstatedir)/tuxtype" and
> "$(localstatedir)/tuxtype/words" - these default to
> /usr/local/var/tuxtype and "/usr/local/var/tuxtype/words", and I think
> Debian would use "/var/tuxtype and /var/tuxtype/words".
>
> "make install" also creates "$(sysconfdir)/tuxtype", i.e.
> "/etc/tuxtype", as the start of a move to put global settings in a
> more correct location, but so far it doesn't actually use that
> directory.

One other thing - it is going to need some more options passed to
configure, so the program looks in the distro-defined places for
localstatedir and syconfdir.  For the rpm packages, it looks like this
- I don't know how Debian packaging does this:

%configure --disable-rpath \
           --prefix=%_prefix \
           --localstatedir=%_localstatedir \
           --sysconfdir=%_sysconfdir \