[Tux4kids-tuxtype-dev] New source-only tuxmath and tuxtype releases.

David Bruce davidstuartbruce at gmail.com
Fri Apr 30 02:19:57 UTC 2010

Hi folks,

I've posted tarballs for tuxmath-1.8.0 and tuxtype-1.8.1 on our Alioth
site.  No Windows or OS-X binaries yet.

Tuxtype - cleanup of a few issues from 1.8.0, nothing too major.

TuxMath - two main things:
1. First public release that uses scalable vector graphics for most of
the images.  This means you need to have librsvg (specifically,
package librsvg2-dev in Debian/Ubuntu), although you can build without
svg with "./configure --without-rsvg".  For now, we just fall back to
using the same png images we always have had.
2. First release with LAN support for multiplayer competition.  This
uses SDL_net.

Cheers,

David