[Tux4kids-tuxtype-dev] Fw: TuxType included in the Softpedia Mac OS software database

David Bruce davidstuartbruce at gmail.com
Sun Jan 10 21:47:54 UTC 2010

Hi Ben,

On 1/10/10, Ben Armstrong <synrg at sanctuary.nslug.ns.ca> wrote:

> Begin forwarded message:
>
> Date: Fri,  8 Jan 2010 18:09:01 -0500 (EST)
> From: Softpedia Editorial Team <maceditor at softpedia.com>
> To: synrg at debian.org
> Subject: TuxType included in the Softpedia Mac OS software database

I was excited at first because the page mentions a OSX universal
binary for tuxtype-1.8.0, thinking someone put some work into actually
putting together a build.  However, the binary is just our old 1.5.17
universal.  If there are any Mac-oriented hackers on this list, we
could use some help.  I do have a Leopard iMac among other machines,
but I'm certainly no wizard at Mac development.

When I last checked (6-8 weeks ago), all of the SDL packages in
MacPorts had just been upgraded and I couldn't get the tuxtype port
successfully updated to 1.8.0.

Best,

David