[Tux4kids-tuxtype-dev] [Tuxmath-devel] Tar-zip library

Jesus Mager fongog at gmail.com
Fri Jul 2 22:29:17 UTC 2010

Hi david (and all)!

Thank you. I want to write code that can read a campaign file for
tuxhistory. This file should be a compressed file that contains map
files, lua scripts, etc... Mainly I need a transparent access to this
files (I don't need inflate the files in a directory) to load the
content in to memory. I was searching, but cant find any good resource
to do that with zlib. I found a very good article [1], but it only
shows a transparent access for one compressed file using zlib. The
same text illustrates a good way to access multiple files using
zzip[2]. Even though the library seems to be written in ANSI-C some
comments specifics multiplaform/cross compiling problems. Any idea to
deal this issue?

[1] http://www.kekkai.org/roger/sdl/rwops/rwops.html
[2] http://zziplib.sourceforge.net/

--