[Tux4kids-tuxtype-dev] [Tuxmath-devel] Multithreading for rescaling title screen and menu items

Brendan Luchen cheezmeister at gmail.com
Tue Jul 20 05:20:25 UTC 2010

Hi all,

> If SDL threads do what we need, we might as well just go with that.
> It will make our code cleaner if we can avoid a bunch of #ifdef
> HAVE_PTHREADS or #ifdef WIN32 conditionals to handle cross-platform
> differences.

Yep, SDL is pretty good at doing that so we don't have to :) I thought
the pthreads code for the LAN game "just works" so I didn't even
mention it, but so much the better if it stands to benefit as well.
AFAIK it's a bit more involved than the rendering thread--are we doing
anything "fancy" that might not be available from SDL?

-Brendan