[Tux4kids-tuxtype-dev] Tux4kids mentor signup

David Bruce davidstuartbruce at gmail.com
Tue Mar 30 10:45:37 UTC 2010

Hi,

It is really important for anyone who wants to be involved in Tux4Kids
GSoC on the mentor/admin side to get signed up at the GSoC website
(http://gsochop.appspot.com).  The student application period is now
open, and we are going to have to determine how many slots we can
support, as well as evaluate the student proposals.

So far we have:

Me (admin, I can also mentor one student)
Caroline Ford (backup admin)
Michal Switakowski (mentor)
Tim Holy (mentor)
Akash Gangil (mentor)

Bruno Dilly is partially signed up as mentor - I accepted the request,
but I think Bruno needs to then accept the acceptance.

That gives us five mentors and thus a maximum of five GSoC slots
currently, assuming everyone agrees to take a student.

Brendan and Jesus are considering re-entering as student applicants,
which I assume is why they aren't signed up as mentors.

As far as I'm concerned, any previous Tux4Kids GSoC student or mentor
is welcome to sign up to be a mentor.  If you haven't been in GSoC
before but have contributed significantly to any of the projects, you
can probably also be a mentor.  I just want to make sure that everyone
with a significant stake in Tux4Kids has an opportunity to be
involved.

Regards,

David Bruce