[Tux4kids-tuxtype-dev] What Teachers have requested in past ?

David Bruce davidstuartbruce at gmail.com
Mon May 24 19:10:07 UTC 2010

Hi Vikas,

On Mon, May 24, 2010 at 12:28 AM, Vikas Singh <vikassingh008 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi David,
> Can I get the emails from teachers or their archive links that they might
> have sent to Tux4kids ?
> They might have asked some questions and requested for some features in the
> past.
> I may get to know their perspective and their expectations related to what
> we are going to develop.

There was a pretty active thread last fall on the tuxtype dev list
about student tracking, mostly with ideas from folks who had not
previously contributed to tuxtype.  There was even a fairly detailed
suggestion/plan to develop a web-based server that would track
students' progress - all conceived independently of last year's
tux4kids-admin.  Also, there is a guy named Jordan Erickson (cc'd on
this mail) who sets up linux thin client-based networks for schools.
Jordan is a big fan of Tux4Kids, but our programs need better student
tracking/reporting to meet the needs of the schools he works with.  I
suspect he would be very happy to provide some useful suggestions for
things to work on this summer that would have "real-world" relevance.

Regards,

David

Below is a link to the archives for the tuxtype dev list:

http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/tux4kids-tuxtype-dev/