[Tux4kids-tuxtype-dev] Problem compiling tuxtype.

David Bruce davidstuartbruce at gmail.com
Tue Nov 8 23:31:42 UTC 2011

Hi Haris,

On Tue, Nov 8, 2011 at 10:59 AM, Haris Ibrahim K. V. <blucalvin at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi David,
>
> I found some errors while trying to compile tuxtype.
>
> 1) When I ran autoreconf, it gave the following output:

You should run "autoreconf -i" (shorthand for "autoreconf --install").  I
think the problem is that a lot of these boilerplate files need to be
copied in by automake and autoconf, and just running automake by hand only
took care of some of them.  That's why you are still getting the error
about the missing po/Makefile.in.in.

The latest git checkout of the master branch builds without errors on my
machine.  Try this
1.  clone and checkout tuxtype into some location (most likely you have
done this already).
2. From the top level tuxtype directory, do:

mkdir build
cd build
autoreconf -i ..
../configure
make
sudo make install
tuxtype -f

and you should have tuxtype running so you can test it.

(it is cleaner to do builds from a separate build directory like this to
avoid cluttering the source tree with object files and other generated
files).

Also, please send questions like this to the dev mailing list so the
answers can be googled in the future.

--
David Bruce

For all your software needs, visit The Apt Store:
deb http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian stable main