[Tux4kids-tuxtype-dev] Question Tux Typing

Beth Weeks bweeks at shermanisd.net
Fri Oct 28 16:21:10 UTC 2011

Ok.. We are on Windows machines each child has their own student login.
so the kids are on Tux Typing doing the Easy Fish Cascade... their
little hand accidentally hits the Windows key and it will minimize the
Typing screen... the mouse won't work and the Start menu is up. I have
found a fix if anyone asks you about it again because I tried to do an
end task and that won't work... so... it was causing a lot of headache
because we had to log off the students and log them back on again...
Here is the fix... if the Start screen is still up press ESC to make it
go away. Press the tab key two times so that it has now selected the
minimize Tux Typing window and press enter and your screen will go back
to normal size.

I would love it if the windows key didn't do that to the program.. but
at least we don't have to log kids off and figure out what their student
ID and password is to log them back on.. we were working with Kinder and
1st grade!
Beth Weeks