[Tux4kids-tuxtype-dev] [Tuxpaint-devel] Need tux4kids mentors for Google Code-In

David Bruce davidstuartbruce at gmail.com
Mon Oct 31 19:11:49 UTC 2011

Hi,

http://code.google.com/p/google-code-in-2011-tux4kids/wiki/Tux4KidsTasksGCI2011

The task list is mostly populated, but not quite done:
1. Code - 7 tasks.
2. Documentation - 5 tasks.
3. Outreach - 3 tasks.
4. Quality Assurance - 7 tasks.
5. Research - 2 tasks.
6. Training - 5 tasks.
7. Translation - 4 tasks.
8. User Interface - 2 tasks.

So to meet the minimums we need 2 more Outreach, 3 more Research, 1
more Translation, and 3 more User Interface.

For translations, Google is requiring that we only accept translations
if we have someone who knows that language who can review it, which
definitely is an obstacle. Given that our mentor group has 4 members
in India, we at least should have some Indic language coverage - what
specific languages can we review?

I'm still hoping we can get participation from some more of our
previous GSoC students/mentors.

> The organization application and task list have to be finalized by
> 2300 UTC 1 Nov 2011.

That's about 24 hours from now.

Best,

--
David Bruce

For all your software needs, visit The Apt Store:
deb http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian stable main