[Tux4kids-tuxtype-dev] tux typing

David Bruce davidstuartbruce at gmail.com
Tue Feb 28 11:33:26 UTC 2012

Hi Golda,

Tux Typing runs in either windowed or fullscreen mode.  In windowed mode,
the size of the window is fixed at 640x480.  To switch between fullscreen
and windowed, press the F10 button.  Tux Typing will "remember" the mode it
used and start that way the next time.

Also, you can launch Tux Typing (from the command line) with "tuxtype -f"
for fullscreen and with "tuxtype -w" for windowed.  By default on Windows,
the installer creates menu entries for both modes in the Start Menu.  The
desktop icon doesn't specify the mode (if I remember correctly), so if the
game inadvertently got changed to windowed mode it will stay in that mode
until switched back.

Hope that helps,
David Bruce

P.s. forgive me if I am making an invalid assumption based on your name and
email address, but you may be interested to know that we have added
right-to-left support to Tux Typing for languages such as Hebrew and
Arabic, which will be included in our next public release.