[Tux4kids-tuxtype-dev] [Tuxmath-devel] Anyone want to mentor for Tux4Kids in GSoC 2012?

David Bruce davidstuartbruce at gmail.com
Sat Mar 3 15:44:25 UTC 2012

Hi Deepak,

On Sat, Mar 3, 2012 at 8:08 AM, deepak aggarwal
<deepak.aggarwal9 at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi David
>
> I am pretty interested in t4k mobile app but want to participate as a
> student this time. Is it necessary that a mentor should have worked in past
> with organization.

Not necessarily - if someone with the required skills wants to mentor a
project like that, I think it could be included in our project.  Also,
there have been a couple of projects involving our software that have been
mentored by other organizations (e.g. the Bayesian learning project for
tuxmath that was done through the OSU open source lab).

Keep in mind, however, that Google requires us to consider all applicants
for any approved project.  So, even if you find a professor or engineer to
be the mentor for such a project, we're not allowed to simply say "this is
Deepak's project" without considering other qualified applicants.  We
really have to identify the mentors (and decide on how many projects we can
support) before we can decide on the students.

Best,

--
David Bruce

For all your software needs, visit The Apt Store:
deb http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian stable main