[Tux4kids-tuxtype-dev] [Patch] Replace printf() with fprintf()

Brendan Luchen cheezmeister at gmail.com
Mon Apr 15 07:38:28 UTC 2013

Jerome,

> There were still some printf(...) in tuxtype code, so I replaced them
> using the fprintf(stderr, ...) that are used elsewhere. Here is the diff :

Thanks! Since you made a few patches, any chance of forking the repo to
github or similar, and committing your changes so they can be pulled all
together? Hand patching files is messy business (which is another way of
saying "I'm lazy")...

> I also saw that some parts of the code are using a #ifdef DEBUG { ...
> } structure to log messages. Wouldn't it be better to replace them
> with DEBUGCODE { ... } (or LOG { ... }, if possible) ?

Probably :) There's plenty of cruft hanging around, but it's mostly
harmless (TM).

-Brendan