[Tux4kids-tuxtype-dev] GSOC idea

jay kapasi jkapasi05 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 17 10:58:13 UTC 2013

Hello,

        I am Jay Kapasi, Third year student of CS. I have gone through
project domain and I am very much interested in doing project on Tux4kids
Mobile.I am familiar with Java, Android, C and I have also developed small
Android apps.

         I have my own idea based on Android.
1)
 I want to develop multiplayer game on Android for kids.In this game 2
android phones can be connected through Bluetooth. The game is like solving
different types of quiz. Student have Math quiz, Logic quiz, Vision test,
Brain test etc. Both phone have same kind of questions and who give fast
and correct answer will get points. Each quiz has timer, after time out
score and winner will be displayed.The chart representation of result will
be displayed with advice to student in which phase he has do more practice.
The one mobile will be server and second will join the server. The kids can
have game with better graphics, it helps for educational purpose also, and
2 player can play at same time.

2)
As Tux4Kids is for kids learning activity, i would like make android app
for Java Tutorials in which every topic of java is explained with example
like Core java concepts, Threads, Applet, JDBC, Swings etc. Also there is
link references which helps student to get useful information regarding
specific topics. Using this app student can learn java anywhere. Then after
every completion of topic student have quiz.I think it is very helpful for
college students.

           Sir give me some feedback on this topics.

Thank you.