[Tux4kids-tuxtype-dev] regarding tux-typing asian languages support project and Multiplayer mode support

Alkis Georgopoulos alkisg at gmail.com
Thu Apr 18 15:17:09 UTC 2013

Στις 17/04/2013 11:09 μμ, ο/η Pere Pujal i Carabantes έγραψε:
> You may find this thread useful, specially the replies from David and Mark
> http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/tux4kids-tuxtype-dev/2012-August/001142.html

I wonder, couldn't tux* use SDL_EnableUNICODE to let SDL do the
translation and not worry about IM at all?
http://www.libsdl.org/docs/html/sdlenableunicode.html

E.g. suppose I configure my Gnome Greek environment to use Ctrl+Shift
instead of the normal Alt+Shift to switch input languages, the tux* IM
implementation couldn't know about that, while SDL would behave
correctly because it calls Xutf8LookupString() in X,
MultiByteToWideChar() and ToAsciiEx() in Windows, etc...

/me also reminds the devs about the pending merge request for Greek
language support, which we implemented a few months ago, but was never
reviewed:

http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/tux4kids-tuxtype-dev/2013-February/001168.html
https://github.com/alkisg/tuxtype/commits/