[Tux4kids-tuxtype-dev] Google Code-In

Pere Pujal i Carabantes perepujal at gmail.com
Fri Oct 25 08:31:49 UTC 2013

Forgot to CC to the dev lists, sorry if you get double.

Hi all!

For those who don't know what it is
http://www.google-melange.com/gci/homepage/google/gci2013
is a Google program designed to approach children 13-17 to open source

We had yet participated on 2010 if I recall right.
Is there interest in participating this year?
If so, who are available to mentor/admin?

I can fill the application to participate if needed, but I think i will
not have time to mentor.

Basically we need to provide some 20 small tasks just for the
application, that should increase later up to 150-300 for the program if
we get selected.
We need too a backup admin and a list of mentors.

There are just few days left, so if there is any interest, please speak
quick.

I've just created a project for the tasks including the same people
who were at gsoc, feel free to add there.
http://code.google.com/p/google-code-in-2013-tux4kids/wiki/Tasks?ts=1382689698&updated=Tasks

Also, for gsoc students, if you want to participate in GCI as mentors you
are very welcome, you can add any tasks that makes a benefit to your project.
Just ask to be added

Thanks
Pere