[Tux4kids-tuxtype-dev] tuxtype 1.8.3 release

Holger Levsen holger at layer-acht.org
Mon Aug 4 13:52:52 UTC 2014

Hi,

On Montag, 12. Mai 2014, Holger Levsen wrote:
> I'm preparing an upload of tuxtype to Debian sid atm and noticed that git
> master has 1.8.3 in configure.ac but there never has been an 1.8.3 release.

so, I've been looking into releasing 1.8.3 just now, and while I found I could
get a list of changes since 1.8.1 easily with "git log 1.8.1-7..master" it
occurred to me, that there probably was 1.8.2 and indeed commit fbf8cc226 from
David from February, 2nd, 2012 changed configure.ac like this:

-AC_INIT([Tux Typing],[1.8.2],[tux4kids-tuxtype-dev at lists.alioth.debian.org],
[tuxtype])
+AC_INIT([Tux Typing],[1.8.3],[tux4kids-tuxtype-dev at lists.alioth.debian.org],
[tuxtype])

But 1.8.2 was never released? Is that correct?

/me just wanting to create a meaningful changelog, that's all. :)

And I plan to do a git tag, source tarball and Debian sid upload release, help
with building other binaries (esp. Mac+Windows) welcome+needed!

cheers,
	Holger