[Tux4kids-tuxtype-dev] TuxTyping2

Calvin Arndt carndt at macksrecycling.com
Thu Jul 3 13:07:19 UTC 2014

Hi Mindy!

It has been a long time!

I haven't seen OSX 10.9 yet
so I can't really say anything of value there.

Both these programs
have matured alot since we set that up in 2004, so if

your still using
the CD's I left way back then, we can probably get you guys

pointed at
the new stuff which is available here:

http://tux4kids.alioth.debian.org/ [3]

I am going to forward this to
the mailing lists so others can chime in and help.

Forward my email
address to the techies and I'll see what I can do to help them.

Feel
free to call as well.

As always, thanks for using Tux4Kids products!

 --

 Calvin Arndt
(217) 778-8740
carndt at macksrecycling.com

On
07/02/2014 13:50, Mindy Placke wrote:

> Mr. Arndt,
>
> I don't know
if you remember me but I work at St. Catharine School and we have been
using your Tux products for quite a long time! We love them! I was
wondering if you know of any issues with the software and Mac OS 10.9
(Maverick)? We are updating our computers and my tech guys are having
some trouble with the products. We had Tux Paint working at first, but
now it won't work. They couldn't get Tux Math or Type to work. The kids
really enjoy these programs so I hope that they will be able to continue
to use them. Any help would be great.
> Thank you,
> Mindy Placke

On Thu, 16 Sep 2004 11:22:19 -0700
<carndt at macksrecycling.com> wrote:

>> Hi Mindy, I know it's been a
long time. Just wanted to catch you up on all the new stuff. We now have
a downloadable Mac OS X version along with the Linux/Windows versions.
http://tuxtype.sf.net [1] Here is a link to the new support forum for
Tuxtype. http://tuxtype.sf.net/forums [2] If you need I can send you
this stuff on CD if you'd like. Just reply and ask! I'm almost done
adding phrases for the "Practice" option. Looking forward to hearing
your comments and suggesttions. Calvin J. Arndt

> Mindy Placke
> St.
Catharine of Siena School
> 3324 Wunder Ave