[3dprinter-general] slic3r-prusa REMOVED from testing

Gregor Riepl onitake at gmail.com
Thu Dec 14 11:22:04 GMT 2023

Hi everyone,

It took a while, but I think I managed to iron out the issues in
PrusaSlicer. Testing on non-amd64 proved to be more work than I had
anticipated.

The build failures on multiple architectures[1] were caused by two
separate issues:
1. Bug #1057630 [2]: This one only manifested on i386, but it actually
affected all platforms. Upstream already discovered and fixed the issue,
as it was causing their Windows builds to fail.
2. Incorrect floating-point comparison with 0.0 in unit tests. I assumed
catch2::WithinRel would work well with all fp comparisons, but this is
not the case with numbers close to zero. In this case, catch2::WitinAbs
should be used instead. @hyperair pointed this out here: [3].

In any case, I pushed appropriate patches and also the changes from the
2.6.1+dfsg-4.1 NMU to Salsa. I didn't reopen #1054697, as this seemed a
bit redundant.

Please release 2.6.1+dfsg-5 when you can! Thank you.

Regards,
Greg

[1] https://buildd.debian.org/status/package.php?p=slic3r-prusa
[2] https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=1057630