[3dprinter-general] slic3r-prusa REMOVED from testing

Chow Loong Jin hyperair at debian.org
Thu Dec 14 12:38:25 GMT 2023

On Thu, Dec 14, 2023 at 12:22:04PM +0100, Gregor Riepl wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> It took a while, but I think I managed to iron out the issues in
> PrusaSlicer. Testing on non-amd64 proved to be more work than I had
> anticipated.
>
> The build failures on multiple architectures[1] were caused by two separate
> issues:
> 1. Bug #1057630 [2]: This one only manifested on i386, but it actually
> affected all platforms. Upstream already discovered and fixed the issue, as
> it was causing their Windows builds to fail.
> 2. Incorrect floating-point comparison with 0.0 in unit tests. I assumed
> catch2::WithinRel would work well with all fp comparisons, but this is not
> the case with numbers close to zero. In this case, catch2::WitinAbs should
> be used instead. @hyperair pointed this out here: [3].
>
> In any case, I pushed appropriate patches and also the changes from the
> 2.6.1+dfsg-4.1 NMU to Salsa. I didn't reopen #1054697, as this seemed a bit
> redundant.
>
> Please release 2.6.1+dfsg-5 when you can! Thank you.
>
> Regards,
> Greg

Hey Greg,

Thanks for the work on fixing these build failures. There's a new
upstream release as well, which I've been working on locally and forgot
to push. I've just rebased all my changes on top of yours and will get
this released as soon as libheatshrink-dev and libbgcode-dev get through
NEW.

Unfortunately the latter depends on the former, so I'm not sure I can
have them both wait for ftp-master at the same time, so this will take a
while.

--
Kind regards,
Loong Jin