[Debian-handbook-translators] Questions about translations using Weblate

Claudio Filho filhocf at gmail.com
Mon Jul 30 18:14:43 UTC 2012

Hi

2012/7/30 Éverton Arruda <root at earruda.eti.br>:
> My questions are:
> Is it necessary for someone to be in the translators list in order to have
> his translations accepted?

As you saw, weblate is open to contribute, basicly writing your
contribution in it.

In other hand, looking the registration page, haven't any "legal
advise" about the quality and license of this contribution. Is not an
important point to see? I understand that is not dificult resolve this
question only changing
from
"By registering you agree to use your name and email in Git commits."
"By registering you agree to use your name and email in Git commits,
and your contribution licensed under same license of Debian Handbook".
(or some thing like this).

> If so, can we add new translators in the README file and push it?

This question is because many people from our l10n list are
contributing, and the translation is very fast. At this point, i also
haven't idea if Weblate have some feature to track the contributions.

And adding more one question:
Is possible to lock a subproject after a revision? I explain my POV. A
guy did the translation of a chapter and other did the revision. Is
possible to lock the subproject allowing only suggestions?

Best,
Claudio