[Debian-handbook-translators] Error when build pt-BR pdf book

Claudio Ferreira filhocf at gmail.com
Thu Aug 26 12:06:25 BST 2021

Em qua., 25 de ago. de 2021 às 21:39, Daniel Leidert <dleidert at debian.org>
escreveu:

> Please don't CC me in answers, I'm on the list

I'm sorry. Was an automatic action to push the "reply to all" button.

> However, all other languages use all-lowercase language codes and
> underscores
> instead of dashes in this file. Change "pt-BR" to "pt_br" (as requested by
> the
> messages you posted) and try again.

What other languages use lowercase and underscore? Look at the repo.

$ ls
ar-MA  da-DK   es-ES  it-IT  pl-PL         publican-pdf.cfg
   README.translators  TODO
bin    debian  fa-IR  ja-JP  pot           publish             ro-RO
              tr-TR
brand  de-DE   fr-FR  ko-KR  pt_br         README.git          ru-RU
              vi-VN
ca-ES  el-GR   hr-HR  nb-NO  pt-BR         README.maintainers  sv-SE
              zh-CN
cs-CZ  en-US   id-ID  nl-NL  publican.cfg  README.style        tmp
                zh-TW

 All languages use the xx-XX pattern. On the other hand, in README shows it
too.

$ cat bin/README
The various scripts are relatively self-explanatory.

Howto build the book published by Eyrolles:
$ ./bin/build-pdf --opts="-p dblatex/eyrolles.xsl" --lang=fr-FR --paperback

Howto build the PDF for lulu.com:
$ ./bin/build-pdf --opts="-P full.bleed=1" --lang=en-US --paperback

I suspect that you will not get past the FancyVerb error at the moment
> though.

Trying to use pt_br, returns something worse.

$ bin/build-pdf --lang=pt_br
Setting up pt_br
Invalid build request: no PO files exist for language pt_br at
/usr/bin/publican line 1231.

I'm not a devel, so sorry for my newbie questions. I'm trying to build
these documents for my students.

Regards,
Claudio Ferreira