[Debian-l10n-devel] Proposal: DDTP moving day (6 January)

Christian PERRIER bubulle at debian.org
Thu Jan 2 08:22:46 UTC 2014

Quoting Martijn van Oosterhout (kleptog at gmail.com):
> Hoi everyone,
>
> As many of you will know, moving the DDTP off churro onto a new VM has been
> on the cards for a while. I was planning it last year and then life got in
> the way.
>
> Anyway, I now have some time and was planning on doing some work to move
> the system on the 6th of January (next monday). I'm posting here to check
> I'm not treading on anyone's toes.
>
> Two things I need help with:
>
> - Someone to update the domain (ddtp.debian.net) to point to the new
> server. Not critical, a redirect to a temporary domain would work in the
> mean time.
>
> - Getting the ftpmasters to update the known_hosts file to accept the new
> server host key. I *could* copy the host keys from churro as well but I
> suspect the ftpmasters would take a pretty dim view of that. Not really
> critical either but after the DNS update and before the ftpmasters update
> there will be a period where translations updates won't occur.
>
> Let me know if there are any objections.

I think you can go ahead as you want, Martijn. Thanks *a lot* for
taking care of this while we all others failed doing anything since
the 2012 sprint....:-(

I might just suggest you send a notice to debian-i18n at l.d.o
beforehand, of course, so that nobody is surprised.

It could event warrant a notice to
debian-infrastructure-announce at l.d.o (need probably some ack by DSA).

By "moving to a new VM", I guess you mean "moving to ddtp.debian.org",
right?