does minicom still want updates from the Translation Project?

Boyuan Yang byang at debian.org
Mon Oct 29 17:34:05 GMT 2018

Hello all,

在 2018年10月29日星期一 EDT 上午4:38:33,Benno Schulenberg 写道:
> Hello Adam,
>
> Someone alerted me that minicom seems to have moved house: the project site
> that is listed on https://translationproject.org/domain/minicom.html fails
> to connect.
>
> After a bit of Googling I found
> https://salsa.debian.org/minicom-team/minicom.
>
> But at the bottom of the README there it gives a URL that also fails to
> connect: http://alioth.debian.org/scm/?group_id=30018
>
> Anyway, after some clicking I found the wiki, where it says that the latest
> stable release is 2.7.1.  But on the TP page 2.6.1.90 is listed as the
> latest. If you wish to receive further translation updates/improvements,
> you should announce your releases to the TP coordinator (me) so that the
> translators can be notified.
>
> Also I see that you recently accepted a Chinese (zh_CN) PO file that didn't
> come from the TP.  Please don't do that -- when your project is listed at
> the TP, please accept only PO files from the TP, and redirect any translator
> that offers a PO file to the TP.  How else can the translators at the TP be
> sure that their PO file will not be overridden?  And in this case it seems
> that a Taiwanese translator has submitted a PO file for mainland Chinese...
> These can be sensitive issues.  So please refrain from accepting PO files
> directly.
>
> Please let me know if you want to receive further translation updates from
> the TP teams, or whether you want to deal with translations yourself.

As current Translation Project zh_CN coordinator, a current Debian Developer
and a native zh_CN (Simplified Chinese) speaker, I'd be happy to provide with
any help you find necessary. Making translation workflow clear would surely be
helpful in improving translations and future development of minicom.

Thank you for all your work,

--
Regards,
Boyuan Yang