does minicom still want updates from the Translation Project?

Adam Lackorzynski adam at os.inf.tu-dresden.de
Thu Nov 1 23:15:11 GMT 2018

Hello Benno,

On Mon Oct 29, 2018 at 09:38:33 +0100, Benno Schulenberg wrote:
> Someone alerted me that minicom seems to have moved house: the project site
> that is listed on https://translationproject.org/domain/minicom.html fails
> to connect.
>
> After a bit of Googling I found https://salsa.debian.org/minicom-team/minicom.
>
> But at the bottom of the README there it gives a URL that also fails to connect:
>   http://alioth.debian.org/scm/?group_id=30018

Thanks, I've finally updated the files.
Please update https://translationproject.org/domain/minicom.html too.

For downloads, there are git tags in the repo, or tar-files, currently
https://salsa.debian.org/minicom-team/minicom/uploads/1d9cf62c488b78029faab88c5fd3727b/minicom-2.7.1.tar.gz

> Anyway, after some clicking I found the wiki, where it says that the latest
> stable release is 2.7.1.  But on the TP page 2.6.1.90 is listed as the latest.
> If you wish to receive further translation updates/improvements, you should
> announce your releases to the TP coordinator (me) so that the translators
> can be notified.

Ok, I'll try to do that in the future. I did not know up to now that I
need to do this.

> Also I see that you recently accepted a Chinese (zh_CN) PO file that didn't
> come from the TP.  Please don't do that -- when your project is listed at
> the TP, please accept only PO files from the TP, and redirect any translator
> that offers a PO file to the TP.  How else can the translators at the TP be
> sure that their PO file will not be overridden?  And in this case it seems
> that a Taiwanese translator has submitted a PO file for mainland Chinese...
> These can be sensitive issues.  So please refrain from accepting PO files
> directly.

Understood.

> Please let me know if you want to receive further translation updates from
> the TP teams, or whether you want to deal with translations yourself.

I'd like minicom's translations still be handled by TP.

Thanks!
Adam