[Nut-upsdev] Looks like the Tripplite SMART1500SLT support borked?

Arjen de Korte nut+devel at de-korte.org
Wed Nov 19 08:00:22 UTC 2008

Citeren Jeff Cunningham <jeffrey at cunningham.net>:

> Well, that worked. And I could have sworn I tried that already once. Oh well.
> Anyway, I'm running Linux - Debian 2.6.25.11 #5 SMP PREEMPT x86_64
> on this box. There's only one thing I did before this stopped
> working that I haven't mentioned: I unplugged the usb cord briefly.
> After it stopped working, and after I had tried killing all the
> daemons and reloading them, I thought of the usb not being
> recognized properly (although usbview showed it alright), so I
> rebooted the machine just to be sure. Its never worked right since.
> Since I had also just updated the svn trunk I assumed it had to do
> with that. Now I don't know what to do. I don't exactly want to have
> it mounted with root privileges all the time.

Find someone who has nut-2.2.2 Debian packages available compiled for
x86_64 and install those. In all likelihood, you failed to install the
udev rules properly (if at all). I don't know how to do that on
Debian, but after doing that things should work running as
non-privileged nut user. Unlike the serial interface (where it is
sufficient to set permissions once), USB requires either hotplug or
udev rules to set these permissions once a device is plugged in and
enumerated.

Best regards, Arjen

PS  Please honor the line below.
--