[Nut-upsdev] Looks like the Tripplite SMART1500SLT support borked?

Jeff Cunningham jeffrey at cunningham.net
Wed Nov 19 05:34:25 UTC 2008

Now this is odd... I unplugged the USB cable again, plugged it back in,
then reloaded the driver and this time it worked fine -  _without_ the
-u root permissions defeat.

I just don't understand the whole udev system. It seems like mysterions
at work and not something you can consistently count on. Arghh! Has
anyone else noticed problems like this when USB cables are disconnected
and reconnected?

By the way, I suspect I hit reply to on my last post and it went to
Arjen de Korte rather than the list. If so, sorry about that, Arjen.
Most lists I subscribe to are set up so the "Reply-To" address is the
list address. I'll probably get chewed out over that again. For the sake
of continuity, that post follows my signature.

Regards,
Jeff

08:09 PM

Well, that worked. And I could have sworn I tried that already once. Oh
well.
Anyway, I'm running Linux - Debian 2.6.25.11 #5 SMP PREEMPT x86_64 on
this box. There's only one thing I did before this stopped working that
I haven't mentioned: I unplugged the usb cord briefly. After it stopped
working, and after I had tried killing all the daemons and reloading
them, I thought of the usb not being recognized properly (although
usbview showed it alright), so I rebooted the machine just to be sure.
Its never worked right since. Since I had also just updated the svn
trunk I assumed it had to do with that. Now I don't know what to do. I
don't exactly want to have it mounted with root privileges all the time.

Regards,
--Jeff