[Nut-upsdev] IVT SCD support status

Rainer Fuegenstein rfu at kaneda.iguw.tuwien.ac.at
Mon Sep 7 19:15:47 UTC 2009

arnaud,

sorry for not responding so long. in the meantime I managed to get the
serial ports on the atom mainboard working, but this "ground loop"
still persists, allthough there is neither a ground nor a loop (and
the IVT manufacturer isn't very helpful, unfortunately).

I tried to rpmbuild the current nut package under centos5 from a
fedora(?) SRPM, but as soon as I overcome an obstacle, the next one
shows up. I'm about to give up and just do a ./configure; make; make
install to get nut running in the next few days and hopefilly provide
you with the upcs output.

days are getting rapidly shorter now, leaving not enough sunlight to
charge the batteries to a level required to keep the server running.
so I better hurry ;-)

cu

AQ> Rainer, Arjen

AQ> I was wandering around the code, and found that few things are missing
AQ> around the IVT code:
AQ> - no manpage,
AQ> - no entry in driver.list
AQ> - no device{mfr,model,type} in the code.

AQ> I was about to submit a patch to address the above (ready to commit), but
AQ> wanted first to get an update on the status. looking at the last thread,
AQ> it's a bit unclear... I'm also interested an upsc output.

AQ> looking at the driver, I'm also inclined in moving ups.status into
AQ> device.status (with 2.6 as a transition period).
AQ> ups and scd present the status the same way. and pdu could present it the
AQ> Powerman way, ie condensed like: off (1,2,4) on (3,5-8)

AQ> cheers,
AQ> Arnaud

Unix gives you just enough rope to hang yourself -- and then a couple of more
feet, just to be sure.
(Eric Allman)