[Nut-upsdev] nut-2.4.2 : IPV6 badly managed at configure

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Mon Feb 22 02:09:29 UTC 2010

On Sat, Feb 20, 2010 at 10:53 PM, Charles Lepple <clepple at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Feb 20, 2010, at 5:47 PM, Alexander Gordeev wrote:
>
>> Arjen de Korte <nut+devel at de-korte.org> пишет:

>>> Ouch! Sorry about that. Fixed in the trunk. I think we want to
>>> re-release nut-2.4.2, because this probably is going to hit a great
>>> number of people.
>>
>> Why not do 2.4.3 release? This is just numbers :)
>
> Or 2.4.2.1, or...
>
> I would like to try running the IPv6 code on my test machines before we
> re-release (since IPv6 was broken for a while on FreeBSD without the ports
> tree patches). That will probably be Sunday evening at the earliest.

I did some testing from OS X to FreeBSD 8, and also from Ubuntu 8.04
to the same FreeBSD box which was only listening on an IPv6 link-local
address, and I think r2365 (Arjen's commit after the 2.4.2 tag)
results in a working IPv6 setup (both at build time and runtime).

Arnaud, any opposition to releasing 2.4.2.1 (or whatever we end up
calling it) with Arjen's IPv6 detection patch?

--
- Charles Lepple