[Nut-upsdev] nut-2.4.2 : IPV6 badly managed at configure

Arnaud Quette aquette.dev at gmail.com
Tue Feb 23 08:34:24 UTC 2010

2010/2/22 Charles Lepple <clepple at gmail.com>:
> On Sat, Feb 20, 2010 at 10:53 PM, Charles Lepple <clepple at gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Why not do 2.4.3 release? This is just numbers :)
>>
>> Or 2.4.2.1, or...
>>
>> I would like to try running the IPv6 code on my test machines before we
>> re-release (since IPv6 was broken for a while on FreeBSD without the ports
>> tree patches). That will probably be Sunday evening at the earliest.
>
> I did some testing from OS X to FreeBSD 8, and also from Ubuntu 8.04
> to the same FreeBSD box which was only listening on an IPv6 link-local
> address, and I think r2365 (Arjen's commit after the 2.4.2 tag)
> results in a working IPv6 setup (both at build time and runtime).
>
> Arnaud, any opposition to releasing 2.4.2.1 (or whatever we end up
> calling it) with Arjen's IPv6 detection patch?

back from the week end, I'll do the necessary to release 2.4.3 today
(a minor point release is not worth considering the number of nut
releases...)

thanks for your feedback and testing.
I'll now be thinking about mechanisms to avoid this kind of situation
in the future.

cheers,
Linux / Unix Expert R&D - Eaton - http://www.eaton.com/mgeops