[Nut-upsdev] [nut-commits] svn commit r2610 - branches/silent_build

Arjen de Korte nut+devel at de-korte.org
Mon Oct 25 12:32:53 UTC 2010

Citeren Charles Lepple <clepple op gmail.com>:

> We might want to keep the silent option off for Buildbot compilation
> because it hides a lot of the flags - that might make it harder to
> figure out things like the "overlinking" problem.

I certainly wouldn't want to run the Buildbot compilation with silent
build enabled.

I'm also uncertain which audience we try to reach with this. Do
packagers really complain about the build process being too verbose?
In case of problems, more output is usually better than virtually no
output. And if you really feel lucky, there is always the option of
sending all warning messages and/or debug output to /dev/null. What is
the whole point of this?

Please keep list traffic on the list (off-list replies will be rejected)