[Nut-upsdev] release?

Jim Klimov jimklimov+nut at gmail.com
Mon Oct 30 08:36:52 GMT 2023

Hello all,

  Thanks to everyone who chimed in with tests, ideas and even freshly
confirmed regressions introduced by NUT v2.8.0 release compared to v2.7.4
(yes, there were after all a few eggs broken to make that omelette, with
all the code clean-up that went into it), so now I feel more confident
about the upcoming release being usable out-of-the-box (e.g. packaged) for
more people than v2.8.0 "vanilla" happened to be in hindsight.

  Given the seasonal timing, we're still aiming for a Halloween Edition (oh
well, maybe just a release at a neat date...) so y'all have another day to
check the recent master branch buildability and behavior... perhaps with a
focus specifically on the changes that landed with the most recent fixes in
the past few days.

Thanks again,
Jim Klimov