[Nut-upsuser] Tripplite Smart1500

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Sat Jun 6 00:27:12 UTC 2009

On Fri, Jun 5, 2009 at 2:15 PM, Dianne Yumul<Dianne at wellsgaming.com> wrote:
> Hello,
> We have a Tripplite SMART1500RMXL2U and nut-2.2.0-6.el5 installed on Centos
> 5.3. I've been unsuccessful on getting upsmon to work.
> usdrvctl seems to start despite some warnings/errors:
> # upsdrvctl start smart1500
> Network UPS Tools - UPS driver controller 2.2.0-
> Network UPS Tools - Tripp Lite OMNIVS and SMARTPRO driver 0.11.1 (2.2.0-)
> Warning: This is an experimental driver.
> Some features may not function correctly.
> Detected a UPS: TRIPP LITE/  Tripp Lite SMART1500RMXL2U
> libusb_get_interrupt() returned -110 instead of 8
> libusb_get_interrupt() returned -110 instead of 8
> libusb_get_interrupt() returned -110 instead of 8
[...]

At some point between 2.2.0 and 2.4.1, a retry count was increased,
which would reduce the number of timeout (-110) errors. Also, in
recent versions, the "unit.id" setting is not retrieved if you are
using Protocol 4.

> ups.status:

The "ups.status" value is problematic - it should include at least OL
or OB. Not sure whether it is due to Protocol 4-related changes, or
the aforementioned timeout.

> I start upsmon anyways but get the following, I lose
> communication immediately.:
> Client monuser at 127.0.0.1 logged into UPS [smart1500]
> Communications with UPS smart1500 at localhost lost
> Is this because the protocol is unknown? I found stuff on the archive and
> changelog that indicate it may be fixed on nut-2.4.1, but I can't find any
> rpms for Centos 5.3. Is there an easier way than building an rpm?

It may not be too hard to modify the RPM file to use the NUT 2.4.1
source tarball instead of 2.2.0.

--
- Charles Lepple