[Nut-upsuser] Tripplite Smart1500

Manuel Wolfshant wolfy at nobugconsulting.ro
Sat Jun 6 14:19:05 UTC 2009

On 06/06/2009 03:27 AM, Charles Lepple wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 5, 2009 at 2:15 PM, Dianne Yumul<Dianne at wellsgaming.com> wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>> We have a Tripplite SMART1500RMXL2U and nut-2.2.0-6.el5 installed on Centos
>> 5.3. I've been unsuccessful on getting upsmon to work.
>> usdrvctl seems to start despite some warnings/errors:
>> # upsdrvctl start smart1500
>> Network UPS Tools - UPS driver controller 2.2.0-
>> Network UPS Tools - Tripp Lite OMNIVS and SMARTPRO driver 0.11.1 (2.2.0-)
>> Warning: This is an experimental driver.
>> Some features may not function correctly.
>> Detected a UPS: TRIPP LITE/  Tripp Lite SMART1500RMXL2U
>> libusb_get_interrupt() returned -110 instead of 8
>> libusb_get_interrupt() returned -110 instead of 8
>> libusb_get_interrupt() returned -110 instead of 8
>>
> [...]
>
> At some point between 2.2.0 and 2.4.1, a retry count was increased,
> which would reduce the number of timeout (-110) errors. Also, in
> recent versions, the "unit.id" setting is not retrieved if you are
> using Protocol 4.
>

>> ups.status:
>>

> The "ups.status" value is problematic - it should include at least OL
> or OB. Not sure whether it is due to Protocol 4-related changes, or
> the aforementioned timeout.
>

>> I start upsmon anyways but get the following, I lose
>> communication immediately.:
>> Client monuser at 127.0.0.1 logged into UPS [smart1500]
>> Communications with UPS smart1500 at localhost lost
>> Is this because the protocol is unknown? I found stuff on the archive and
>> changelog that indicate it may be fixed on nut-2.4.1, but I can't find any
>> rpms for Centos 5.3. Is there an easier way than building an rpm?
>>

> It may not be too hard to modify the RPM file to use the NUT 2.4.1
> source tarball instead of 2.2.0.

    A couple of days ago I have modified a bit and recompiled the
src.rpm from fedora rawhide (2.4.1) in order to make it work on Centos 5.3.
    The modified source rpms as well as the binaries as built by me are
available from http://wolfy.fedorapeople.org/nut. It also requires newer
versions of libcurl (which is also used by php so if you have php on the
same system, you might need to either recompile either nut or php ) and
powerman. The packages also need libssh2 from Centos-extras. The whole
stack has been successfully installed by the friend for whom I
recompiled the packages.

    Feel free to get in touch with me directly if you need help with
these packages. However please ask on this list any nut-related
question, I am acting just a packaging monkey wrt to nut.