[Nut-upsuser] [HCL] Cyber Power Systems CP1500AVRLCDa supported by usbhid-ups

Mike the.lists at mgm51.com
Mon May 22 15:13:16 UTC 2017

On 5/21/2017 10:39 AM, Charles Lepple wrote:
> Mike,
>
> Thanks for the info. I have enough to add an entry to the DDL, but I have a few more questions inline.
>
> On May 14, 2017, at 1:21 PM, Mike wrote:
>>
>> [updated]
>>
>> OpenBSD 6.1/amd64
>> NUT 2.7.4p0 (from OpenBSD package)
>>

>> Results of upsc:
>>
>> battery.charge: 100
>> battery.charge.low: 10
>> battery.charge.warning: 20
>> battery.mfr.date: CPS
>
> Let me know if you're interested in figuring out if the battery.mfr.date value is stored somewhere else.

Of course.   The UPS is in production (ie., powering the servers in my
house), so it may be a few days before I can ~play~.  Let me know what I
need to do.

>> device.mfr: CPS
>> device.model: CP1500AVRLCDa
>> device.serial: CTHGN200xxxx
>> driver.version: 2.7.4
>> driver.version.data: CyberPower HID 0.4
>> driver.version.internal: 0.41
>> input.voltage: 121.0
>> input.voltage.nominal: 120
>> output.voltage: 137.0
>
> The output voltage seems a little high. Is this UPS configured to boost voltage? Do either the input or output voltages match the values on the LCD?

The LCD values look fine (usually 118 to 121 volts).   I just measured
the output voltage at the UPS outlets (using an HP 974a DVM), it was
118.9 volts.  The voltage from the wall outlet going into the UPS was
also 118.9 volts.  While I was reading those values, the output.voltage
value was 142.

I didn't change any configuration from the factory default values,
though the UPS blurbs do mention "voltage boosting."

It's looking as if the output.voltage value is not correct.  ;)

>> Results of upscmd -l
>
> Thanks, I'll add the timer info to the documentation: https://github.com/networkupstools/nut/issues/432
>
> Also, what about the output of "upsrw"?

Results from upsrw:

[battery.charge.low]
Remaining battery level when UPS switches to LB (percent)
Type: STRING
Maximum length: 10
Value: 10

[battery.runtime.low]
Remaining battery runtime when UPS switches to LB (seconds)
Type: STRING
Maximum length: 10
Value: 300

[ups.delay.shutdown]
Interval to wait after shutdown with delay command (seconds)
Type: STRING
Maximum length: 10
Value: 20

[ups.delay.start]
Interval to wait before (re)starting the load (seconds)
Type: STRING
Maximum length: 10
Value: 30