[Nut-upsuser] CyberPower CP625HGa shuts down 3 watt load in 2 minutes

Mike the.lists at mgm51.com
Tue Aug 17 15:54:44 BST 2021

On 8/17/2021 8:42 AM, Gene Heskett wrote:
> On Tuesday 17 August 2021 05:48:06 Manuel Wolfshant wrote:
>>
> Which may explain why tiger-direct had them so cheap, $39.95 a year ago.

At this point, I wouldn't give up on the unit.

Plug a larger load into the UPS (say, 25 or 60 watt light bulb) and run
the "upsc myups" command.

Also do not dismiss that the UPS may be shutting down because it does
not see a load, i.e., the 3 watt load is not enough to keep the UPS's
attention.  I had a UPS (it wasn't a CyberPower UPS) like that once a
few years back.  I had to add a 7 watt nightlight bulb to the load in
order for the UPS to stay on when it went to battery.