[Piuparts-devel] develop merged into piatti

Holger Levsen holger at layer-acht.org
Thu May 9 10:35:18 UTC 2013

Hi,

On Dienstag, 7. Mai 2013, Andreas Beckmann wrote:
> jessie/testing tarball has a ttl of 1 week, so get a newer debootstrap
> on piatti or make the config permanent (while it is running on squeeze).

no (it will continue to work), I didnt do anything, it just worked using
"testing" :)

> In my setup I do run stable, stable/updates, stable-updates,
> stable-proposed-updates, stable-backports separately, so they get tested.
> We just can't easily merge them into one virtual distribution.

As a next step, I just would like to include stable/updates when testing
stable. Cause thats what every user will be doing. (Hopefully.)

> But having a virtual distribution with several partial ones merged into
> one may be useful, too, and I'd like to have something running for
> wheezy-r1 ...

heh! cool.

so I would worry less/not at all about "pure stable" tests, rather always
consider stable as stable+stable/updates. As such, testing proposed-updates
gets less complex! :-)