[Python-apps-team] [rabbitvcs-devel] A new release in the next 2-4 weeks?

Daniel O'Connor daniel.oconnor at gmail.com
Tue Sep 25 23:42:36 UTC 2012

On Tue, Sep 25, 2012 at 3:16 AM, Arthur de Jong <adejong at debian.org> wrote:

> On Sun, 2012-09-23 at 15:30 +0930, Daniel O'Connor wrote:
> > Out of curiosity, how do our releases flow into distributions like
> > debian/ubuntu?
> >
> > https://launchpad.net/rabbitvcs/ seems a bit out of date, but I can
> > see Arthur doing a fair bit of work on debian releases - even if they
> > are lagging a touch behind our current releases.
>
> Hi, I've been doing the last few updates of RabbitVCS in Debian (though
> I don't use it myself much so I'm probably not the best candidate for
> it) and I can probably also upload 0.15.2 once it is released. These
> releases automatically end up in Ubuntu.
>
> Debian currently has 0.15.0.5 and a few patches from 0.15.1 for
> Subversion 1.7 support fixes for the Gedit 3 plugin. This is the version
> that is expected to be released with wheezy (the upcoming stable
> release). Since wheezy is frozen now I don't expect to be able to
> include a new upstream version.
>
> You may want to check out the Debian packaging here:
>   http://anonscm.debian.org/viewvc/python-apps/packages/rabbitvcs/trunk/
> or:
>   svn://svn.debian.org/svn/python-apps/packages/rabbitvcs/trunk/
> It has some updates to how the package is built, to the copyright file
> and a few other small bits also that might also be good for other
> distributions.

Will take a look :)

> I can probably upload a new version to unstable though but I'll have to
> check if uploading to unstable isn't too disruptive for the release.
>
> That'd be neat!

> I have a few questions though:
>
> Which changes went into 0.15.1 (relative to 0.15.0.5), I couldn't find a
> list of changes or release notes?
>
> Here's the raw changelog, from the v0.15 branch to the point it was copied
to v0.15.1

http://code.google.com/p/rabbitvcs/downloads/detail?name=rabbitvcs-0.15.1.tar.bz2&can=2&q=#makechanges
-
I've added an abbreviated list of changes.

> What is the status of the Mercurial support? The package descriptions
> only mention Subversion and Git.
>
> Minimal implementation as far as I can tell.

> The code seems (from visual inspection of the source) to work correctly
> when the VCS back-end bindings aren't available. This could mean that
> mercurial could be a recommends instead of a depends.
>
> Could you indicate which of the bugs in Debian:
>   http://bugs.debian.org/src:rabbitvcs

v0.15.1
http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=665193 - partial fix
applied

v0.15.2
http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=664970  - there were some
changes around the thunar packaging, but I'm unsure if it's resolved fully.
Please evaluate if you have the time
http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=665193 - is Issue
628<http://code.google.com/p/rabbitvcs/issues/detail?id=628>,
fully resolved

> and Ubuntu:
>   https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/rabbitvcs
> should be fixed with the upcoming 0.15.2 (or .1)?

LP:944053 <https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/rabbitvcs/+bug/944053>
should
be fixed in 0.15.3, didn't make this release.