[Raspbian-devel] libpam-ubico and signed char on arm in debian and derivatives

peter green plugwash at p10link.net
Thu Mar 7 13:51:39 UTC 2013

I am a cofounder of a project called raspbian to provide a hard float
derivative of debian for the raspberry pi. A user reported a bug to us
about libpam-ubico related (so the reported claims) to char signedness
and linked to a commit in upstream git.

https://bugs.launchpad.net/raspbian/+bug/1039577
https://github.com/Yubico/yubico-c-client/commit/6fcc3d49d1d9b733c5bd04e4e60d400ed97cda40

If this can be reproduced on an official debian port then IMO it's a
grave bug. However I don't own a yubikey myself so there is no way I can
test it and I don't feel comfortable filing a grave bug in debian that I
can't reproduce myself.